Questions of the day: Discuss YouTube, podcasts, and Download Library.
Before I begin, did I mention my kids?
I had never paid much attention to YouTube before now, but I have to say, it is hilarious! Since this is a library blog, I chose Introducing the Book . Very clever indeed.
As for podcasts--another very cool idea--I will try to link George Morgan's genealogy program to this blog. Genealogy Guys Morgan presented at one of the SWFLN workshops I attended and mentioned his podcast. I could only manage to access the most recent podcast--don't know if it was a problem with their site or with me.
Finally, I went to the library system's "Download Depot" and downloaded a graphic novel, Soccer Showdown. All the books I found in pdf were of a similar sort. I look forward to winning one of the MP3 players, so I will be able to download audio books.
I've enjoyed Play to Learn, and have learned a lot about the World of Web 2.0. I learned as much or more from my errors and false starts. I would be remiss if I did not thank Tim for his help at crucial junctures. As I stated in one of my earlier blogs, the library system's "Big Hairy Audacious Goal" dovetails nicely with Web 2.0: "To be valued by everyone as being indispensible in providing connections between the community, its people, and resources." Libraries need to harness this new frontier of connectivity if we want to stay relevant in the 21st century.
No comments:
Post a Comment