To the right, you see my Doppelganger--"Library Lady." Isn't she lovely? She was born in www.doppelme.com on 10 October 2007. I had wanted to include an avatar on Ask-A-Librarian, and now, thanks to Play-To-Learn, I can!
I read about Library Thing in (I think) Library Journal, and thought it sounded very intriguing, but I have privacy concerns about the sharing of the contents of my personal library. I think I would feel awkward seeking "people with eerily similar tastes." What if we had nothing in common?
This is what Clay Shirky, an adjunct professor in New York University’s interactive telecommunications program had to say in today's New York Times , ["E-Mail Is Easy to Write (and to Misread),"] about interacting online : "When you communicate with a group you only know through electronic channels, it’s like having functional Asperger’s Syndrome — you are very logical and rational, but emotionally brittle." Which gets me back to connectivity. Sometimes, you just have to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment