The question of the day: If you created a Flickr account tell us about it. If you didn't, write about what you liked and/or disliked about Flickr.
I have to be honest, I don't "get" Flickr. I can understand storing pictures to share with friends and family, but how could almost 2000 groups form around kitten pictures? Why would anyone want to look at photos of Elizabeth, New Jersey or skin rashes (human and non-human)?
On reflection, I guess I can answer that question. On one level, we're all looking for connections, and if you find someone who loves ginger tabbies as much as you, there is an instant rapport. Also, if I'm honest, I have to admit that some things that fascinate me--political porn (it's not a Dewey subject heading, but you know what I mean)--would strike some as unpleasant as eczema.
Perhaps I should give Flickr a second chance and look for a picture of Ann Coulter with a rash. That's connectivity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for that! The best laugh I've had today. What is political porn? I'm sure I'd love it!
Political porn? You know, the stuff that makes you feel dirty when you read it--Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Rush Limbaugh, and others too numerous to mention.
Post a Comment